Monday, July 24, 2006

Monday July 24, 2006
Run – Svoboda Road/west Arm Provincial Park

I left the house on Chatham Street at about 9:30 this morning. The weather was clear and hot! Easily in the mid thirties. I plan to run up past Selkirk College onto a logging road (Svoboda Road) that leads into West Arm Provincial Park. The dirt road climbs to about 1100 metres in elevation (at least it does where I got to). It’s in good shape so even though it’s steep you can put your head down and power up it.
There are wonderful views of the lake to the left. The forest seems to be mostly hemlock and fir with some pine. There is not as much undergrowth as there is on the coast. The mountain bike trails off shooting the road are dry and dusty. I considered running these but decided not to as I had not informed Virginia of my route. I have promised her that I will adhere to the back country guidelines we have agreed upon.

I turned around at 50 minutes and let the feet fly back home.
Time: 90 minutes
Difficulty: medium
Enjoyment: high

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web counter
web counter